Saturday, November 05, 2005

So it begins (modified)

How does one prepare for the battle ahead? Does one go about doing nothing out of the usual routine? Or does one go about thinking about it and responding with a well-thought plan. Either way, we're all going to face one promising semester come Wednesday, Thursday to some. It begins Monday. Monday should feel a bit uneasy about itself. Most people would love to curse it. It is but a day.

But its other meanings have power. So much for rainy days and Mondays getting you down---as the Carpenters's song goes. I'd rather see politics that way. I'd rather study political science in this manner---more of appreciating the dynamics that go behind the formality. Which again might support my claim: I am not cut out for law school. Not that I can't handle it (ahem). But as I was staring at the lantern outside, I saw something that made me think again. It's some sort of epiphany. I can't say. It's still a thought. Spent most of after lunch siesta time putting up the big old lantern. It never fails to surprise. The stained glass impact still remains much as it did some years past. Another thing I was busy with was re-organizing my entire room. Or shall I say, my room. Entire makes it sound big. I have a so-so room. It's plain. It can be boring. So I really do not encourage guests to go enter...even if it were for the sake of using the comfort room when all the rest are occupied. I just don't want to share it with the world I suppose. So I piled up boxes of white paper (sorry FOPC people) of readings from first year and more, try to catalogue (yes, mark them) and wipe a bit of dust off them.

The plague that was in my earlier blog remains here. Skin asthma. I just don't get these doctors. Well, for certain, I had a ringword AND skin asthma. The latter, I most definitely have now. Treatment? Take things easily. Breathe in and exhale. Chew your food very well. Both of these I don't do. Like yesterday, I had cash to buy a decent sports watch. I don't really have a concept of window shopping. To me it's canvass and go home to save money and then go back with the clear head fixed on that item. When I go shopping, I go in a jippy. Meaning, I brisk walk, take a look at three things (1) appearance, (2)price, (3)features then decide to take it or move on. All this I squeeze in 5 mins max. I'm always on the go. I hardly munch my food. I swallow, then go. Voila, I'm sick even before the beating comes.

The problem with a skin disease is that it makes you feel so insecure. Mental illness, sure you're not conscious. A cold or cough, sure you can cover up. But this type, it marks your entire body. Sure enough, getting a studio pic is one of the last things you would like to do in a mall.

Arrgghhh, psychology!

What else? Obviously, this entry is not as deep as the others. Hopefully, it's not as grammatically incorrect as the others now that I am wide awake. I type as I think it up. Know what? I wish people could talk sweeter and more proper as they did in the old days. I suppose watching too much epic movies were knights and kings seemed so perfectly noble gets to your head. Hey, I'm a professed idealist. I live and die by an idea. Which will be tested come election time---some months from now. To my certainty, our batch (PolSc 07) is unique in a sense that thought it did not go the "block" way, it shows camarederie that lasts. Good thing for any candidate for department rep. As for me, the sidelines await. I put politics into action. I just hope I don't, we don't, take it too much that winning becomes a justifier for the means. Sorry, this proposition of Macchiavelli (ignore the spelling) (yes, given the context he was in) does not impress me. But who am I to comment?

A lot of my readers will be kings or king-makers come February. In a university where only 37% go voting, the challenge is for us to make people breathe politics and its essence. If they all give up, as in the national arena, no winner emerging should be completely satisified. I mean, 37% turnout and mandate from the people...they don't mix. Looking back at my epiphany of sorts, who am I to challenge such experienced people, sharper, and more dedicated at that?

I sent SMS messages to some UP people, among many to simply say that yes I've given them good and bad...comes to show that I am not perfect. The only reassurance I could give was that I am their friend...and that should do it. The flickering of the lantern brings flashbacks. I've done so many things in my life. In the recent months, I should be hanged on account of my actions and motives. But at least I acted on it. This defense I have, is selfish indeed. In my attempt to be so kind to people around me, I have become a selfish monster within. No. This is not some novel-writing romantic crap I just type to put sense to this entry. It's just that...

I think, I'll have to keep this lowly part to myself for now. ANother thing, I feel responsible to explain recent events in school that may have led to you hearing rumors about me in relation to good friends. I say again, take me at face value. I seldomly attack people using words or this medium. Again, I keep it rather than blabber bitterness. But, I say this, I have no issues against good friends of mine (UP). Take my entries at face value and please, don't add meanings to it. If I have such issues, I'd rather confront the person(s). Call me coward or stupid or vulnerable for bringing this thing up. Hehey, anyway, I think I'm such in a low state right now, the only way to go is up. Bottom line, if you don't know the details I beg you don't add some more. Like it or not, I at times can appear to be the antagonist here...deliberately or not. Thank you.

And if you think you know me after reading all my blogs. Think again.

hehe, sounds threatening? Sorry but I really had to do this in honor of a few people I had a chat with last week. They know who they are.

Nyeheheey, after scrolling up I've realized...I'm back to long-novel-writing, issue-spanking, senseless-blabbering me again!!!! I think this is the way to prepare for the battle ahead! Give yourself a treat with family. Then treat them. Then buy yourself something for Pete's sake. Then write about it. Then...then...I think my encounters in church tomorrow should do the job.

Last thing, you guys know how much it is to have your eyeglasses converted to shades? I mean adding tint? Can't believe I'm using a 350 grade one when my eyes are 600-700 +/- 100 astigmatism!!! OHHH NOOOOO!!!

And yes my dedication booth is back online.

Marian, I don't know what to think of you telling sir to expect me next semester. However, I applaud you for anyhow. I still owe you lunch!

And yes, I was with this lady for more than an hour of pure non-stop talk while she was paying for next sem. Thanks to the electric fan too.

To those who took econ finals, do buzz me up!

Celine, it is unfair. We've been given unfair circumstances. We survived them all!

Farrah, ______. stop. _________________________.stop. Thanks for the quote, I am quite certain it is your doing!

James, let's do this!

James A., bowl on!

My JPGS readers, do tag me oks?

Sputnik, sure you don't want to be identified?

Rania and Mara, hope to catch you both bouncing around YM. Good luck with your org Rani!

Dominic, keep me posted alright? Enjoy your viewing!

Louie, thanks for the "quick" response hahahahah!

Jason, you owe me a newsflash! What is up with you? See you around buds!

Blockmates from Batangas and JAJA, you're too sweet!

Grace, easy with the slots this Monday! By the way, your form don't forget!

George Bush, I just hope your SC appointee gets confirmed. You're serious?!

Mam Raches, Wednesday be the day!

Clark, still can't believe you were on that pic!

PAts, thanks for the smiley!

Buklod CSSP, damn it! Let's meet and greet and ...am out of rhyme...good luck to us!

The world, love and prayers go with you all. May God keep you spinning.

UP, oh yes I MISSED YOU. Kisses, mwah (yuck). See you all this Monday (well, as I know now, make that Tuesday)

Last night by the way, I saw a funny red blinking thing in the night sky. It moved from one direction to another (so it was not a plane or some falling star). I don't know what it is, maybe some cover-up artist would say that it was just a satellite orb for some government security purpose. I'd rather see it as something beautiful and telling. For one, that answers can come sooner than you think. And two, answers just lie around, it is for you to find.

So it begins....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home