Saturday, November 12, 2005

Customarily Invalidated

To those who asked, I am not a US for a technicality. I have to complete PE, yes just one fine bowling game to complete PE 3. You can't be US or CS with a standing INC. And I go...hell...damn it. My one and only fine US GWA and I even don't get to be seen on paper. Oh well. I'd gladly do it this sem. NOOOOTT! Hehe!

What could I do? What should have I said instead of what I did? These questions were left hanging in my mind as I was on a jeepney ride home. The afternoon breeze was unfairly taking away the splendor of the orange sun setting in the western horizon that steals whatever magnificence the oblation statue has. A batchmate was sharing pieces of her, as if pouring not her life out...just a segment of recent events that were either draining or unprofitable for her. As a great deal of my blogs go, it was about love again. Women, at times they speak their mind or in this case, pour out their heart for someone to listen. Men should not respond instantly; instead, just hear them out and keep shut. I could not do that. I want to give solutions or remedies to even problems I know nothing of. So I went on mumbling things I could hardly recall. Was it good advice? I do not know. Was it good that I said something? I think that help comes in many ways and in many forms---it may hurt or it may make one feel good...but that is still help. Salvation comes to the worst of us. To those who could not find it, damnation.

The truth hurts. Truth is one thing that makes love special. It separates it from other nuances we experience once or twice. The world will spin, people will grow old. But love, it does not. It is patient as it is kind. We've heard this sentimental sentence before. Yet to say this as a piece of advice, I think is like giving a quotable quote to make yourself not her feel better.

What was I to do? Should have I had been someone else given her what dashing men who seem to know it all give? I was so hung up, I did not want to think.

The first half week of classes turned out to be a bore actually. Aside from 186 and 178, I saw things as they were. Mam Berja was what they said she was. And I expect her to be what many say she becomes. Sir Naval was pleasantly himself. Two words from great men to start the sem and a pop quiz on what we know about our South East Asian neighbors. I have no regrets that I am taking this class with him, not someone else. He just has something that enlightens me, or that replenishes my spiritual psyche. Gets? It's like, he gives you a look and you have no choice but be aware of his powerball (kahapon, made out of crumpled paper kasi natapon daw yung newball nya sa labas ng classroom ehehe). But after a lesson in life or two, it'd be fine. I was looking at Ann Karolyn and Jessa at points in the class. They were so anxious to get enlisted that I thought they had watery eyes. Long story made short, they got the slots. ALL who pre-roged got slots.

By the way Farrah, I am not the proud man here. Hehe, who's taking Morada? I feel sad that I am not one of your classmates this semester. I guess I have the feeling for other friends, like Jason last semester. But now, the king of 185 is my bro again. Going back to FG Naparan, I surely will miss this lady's sheer disregard of convention. I don't know how and why. One thing I shall miss most is her coincidental misencounters with me. Pattern everytime we meet twice or more in a day is this. First time, she usually offers a smile that shames the blue sky. Second time, she gives me a worried or an angry look that instills fear even among the best of us. Hope you find your man, go girl! (kahit pinapalayas mo pa ako sa 178 classroom ng pabiro!)

Hello Mau, si Vhon pala kasama mo!!! Hello Grai, grai grai grai grai!

Marian, YAn-YAN!

186 was a shocker. It still is. I was expecting a law school lecture education thing. Nohoho! Sir butch welcomes us with the intimidating chill of law school. We were to read tons of cases, and answer for it as if interrogated by a judge himself every Saturday. Recitation is 80% of the grade. Questions are in a Socratic format...meaning we draw the answers by asking a series of inquiries. This is indeed the pre-law training. Plus, we get to write our own digest were I get to say: "the facts of the case are:....." and " the issue to be resolved is whether or not paolo should be convicted for felony or not...". To me, someone not keen on getting a slot there in Malcolm, this will be more of a challenge. Louie and I laughed as I said: "mag-group case study tayo!" I told him not to get intimidated, Sir Jamon is Sir Jamon after all. He's been there and done that. I've looked up the references, they're thick and darn expensive.

As for econ, well, what do you expect...Mareng Winnie!

Just came from the ECON AuDi to attend the GASC convention (Gen ass of Student Councils [system-wide]). I was gravely disappointed. After sitting for four hours, all they could accomplish was a debate on the order of business. Nothing to do with the SR selection, nothing on the house rules. And yes, non-stop use of the word "germane". Just technical debates were you see moments of brilliance, but taken back by motives oh so below the dusk. I left. Most of my compadres did. I left the Audi with a background of applause and "here" chants in favor of the proposal of Cris Lao. That part, I like.

I could be on a high right now. I could be on a low. The events that led to today are simply amazing.

In case I become too dazed, lost in my own foolish pride...here is my answer. Invalidate yourself and say: "Perhaps I am just wrong."

Do it. don't wait for God to strike you down...or smite you.

In my moment of happiness, I am still customarily invalidated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home