Thursday, June 02, 2005

Flowing Oil under Oblation’s Wings

You may want to refresh your page to view complete blog entries that are this long. Thank you.

By the way, tip. Don’t sleep on an empty stomach. Eat 30 mins max after waking up. Doing both lessens the chance of you getting FAT. Yes, hunger can sometimes lead to fattening.

I must admit I’ve been selfish in writing some of my blogs as of late. After Grace sent me a very touching SMS message, basically about thanking a friend for making the choice and standing up by her, I was led to think. I thought why am I so foolishly blind? Why don’t I recognize the very matter that I have more than what most people have? Why can’t I see that all along in this path leading to my self discovery, there have been people from my past (who I don’t write much about in my blogs but I give credit to in other ways), and present (those who I do write about) who have been more than responsible for making me who I am?

When a man reaches this point I am in, when the world is no longer some simple playground, he has two tendencies: to find or to be lost.

Choices define who we are. Our decisions mold us into the beings we were supposed to be. In that we have purpose, and God wills it. God, I believe, will not call upon His child by taking his life if that person is not yet finished with his contribution to this world, his mission.

To some, another being could be a prick, a complication to the choice he or she must make. Another person might make this choice simple but may influence one to take the rather wrong path in another time. We may see it as that. One is a burden to another; another is a burden to one. This is a sad truth though.

On my part, God does not create such aberrations to be mere distortions to the system, oh no friends. We have fellow beings who may favor us or may intend to harm us but everything ends up in God’s grand scheme. Agree with me or not, we are bound to each other as we are more bound to our master. And so we must choose. We must make a stand.

For every force there is a corresponding and perhaps equal reaction opposite to it. Yet notice that there is more often than not, a prevailing force. You push a trolley; friction does little to strain you or the trolley at least on the short term.

I as this struggling youth is to make more of these choices. Unlike some on the contrary, I have ways to make things easier for me. I have means to ease the opposing force and make my own push in life easy and clear in turn.

I have oil. Right now my face is all shiny and slippery. I have this can of gooey oil. To be technical about it, I have my fair share of lubricant.

The remainder of this blog is dedicated to the individuals from my university, for this time, my department and batch who have made such differences in my life, for now and I pray for the long run ahead of us. By the way, I am not dying.

No I don’t think you need to know how enrolment went. I’m done with that, got 4 pol sci subjects and so many old and new faces to encounter. I am so blessed.

You see, establishing some degree of contact with a person and maintaining this for a long period of time creates habit.

This is one habit I will never tire from doing.

Allow me to begin with the men, my repapeepz, my homies y’all.

I saw Dominic a while back. Dom, you don’t really know how much I at times am intimidated by you. You carry yourself with such decency, to put it delicately, and then move on to something entirely new. We all know you are smart and you know much about the world a few people talk about. But you also are aware of much other things the world craves for. You should not try to kill this passion you have for learning more and more, absorbing much information that may mean nothing to many, but will benefit all in the end.

Louie also generates the same amount of respect this time for his charm. You may appear to be this simple and this humble, but you dude do deliver when needed. You don’t say much as I do, but your accomplishments do the talking. You should never lose the silent spark in you, the one that wins them all. Let the politicians blabber, and you do the action. Humility is indeed a rare virtue.

Jason is modest and simple. You my pal are the right amount of antidote for pride, lust for anything, and anything excessive. Wisdom surfaces so easy from your advise. A good advise is worth a thousand gestures. Continue being so silent and yet so prepared to shed some light unto those who have lost their way. You need not be somebody in this world, you need be yourself. Thank you.

I admit that I am sometimes at a loss when I speak to Clark. I run out of things to say, but I have so much to gain. With a good sense of humor, and bittersweet frankness, you are able to express what many men so at times could not. It is not just because of your sexual preference. It has nothing much to do with that. Thing is, keeping your mind this open enables you to be a friend in its genuine right. You enrich a person’s life by saying pleasant things. But if you must hurt, you must, for it may the act to save a man from the stupidity he is bound to do.

Now to the first batch of women I go.

Rania, I see synonymy between you and Dom. Why? Panache. You have a way with poise and delivery. But both of you do it with substance to spare. When you speak, the class is held silent. When you greet someone, they look up high out of respect and love. To earn respect and adoration from friends is a rare gem that not only assures you, loyalty to be political about it. That is a gift.
Grace, to one you are heavensent, as I said in your debut. So few may really get to know you the way we do. You are a diamond in the rush. And yet you are fluid, unpredictable, and versatile. To be able to swing and control your emotions. To be able to discipline yourself and practice refinement in action. To be able to utter words with such diction. And yet to say it from your heart. All these one woman could die for. Do not burden yourself with the troubles of shallow beings. You are deep, do not stoop to hell’s level. Be our Grace.

Maureen, you have changed. You now have the world at your feet. And yet, the world will miss more not only your abilities, but also your plentiful beauties. Transcendence of the physical requires much understanding, much knowledge, maturity, skill, and heart. You do all these plus energy and all that power. You can twist a conversation because, bluntly, you know what people need. You can command attention, but you do that and more. Warmth is not always hyperactivity’s friend. But in you, the fast and the slow mean less. To you, all is well, and so others are drawn to you, yet you dare not take advantage. Glorious.

Celine. I always mistake you for someone plain. You react to me that way. My biggest mistake though. But when that voice of yours starts adding life into it, I am taken into some other realm. They say you are jolly, you can be that wholesome, and that energized. I say, I look forward to looking to that. Still you are a mystery I regret am taking time to uncover. Who cares? That we have a friend in you, someone to be so ajar showing us that for greatness to be achieved, one much reach the heights of trees. Vague? Stay the way you are.

Farrah. You are a bigger puzzle. But you have no time for puzzles and games, that I have proven through good advise. You are also not open to other matters. Is it because you have all things figured out? No. Is it because you think of yourself to be strong and different? No. The way I see it, and I dare not judge, you have your perspective and you have stuck with these principles for so long that they have made you both stronger and equipped to face the cruelty of today. Does everything become simple? No. Does it make you a lone warrior? No. Deny or not, you are a treasure to us all. Adversary makes the lotus flower bloom. If so, then you are that rare lotus.

I shall continue with batch 2, showcasing other Pol Sci pipz I want to thank.

I am to go up the mountain tomorrow. Not in solitude, but as a group. Fellow lubricants. We are lubricants, not a burden, not a game, not a part and parcel.

And as I pray up there, unwinding, and reflecting, I shall think of what these among a multitude of others have done to me.

Am I Darth Vader? No. Pride is a lonely path. I think I am seeking, and slowly but surely finding my purpose---before I pass, before my time has come.

God give you good problems from which the best choices come from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home