Sunday, May 15, 2005

Questions better answered than talked about (chapter on my love stupidity problems)

So here I am pondering on matters that bug me over and over again. Man has this unquenchable thirst for ridding demons in his mind that he himself create and replicates Love is the perfect example. What right do we have to say that we do not need love or that love is something better left off for another time? Are we immune from it in the first place? I say no, and one who says yes must be a disgruntled nomad pretending that he commands his life down to his very emotions.

Another good example of man gone insane in his sanity is when he gives himself imaginary friends, which can be said to be in line with dreams and visions which are also immaterial at a given point in time.

My point is, I'm in one of those "hanging by a moment" moment. It's 2pm, relatives are chit-chatting and laughing around, my cousins are having this jam session downstairs, and I'm in the middle of breaking out and being anti-social.

Palagay ko, magwawala na ako maya-maya. Partly dahil masaya nanaman ako sa math exam performance ko, partly dahil pinasa ko ang spanish removals (yes you saw removals in that phrase), partly dahil mayroon pa rin namang nagtyatyaga sa mga SMS ko gaya ni Jason, Farrah, Mau, Clark, Rania, at Grai, partly dahil I'm proud to say that I'm done with most of extra-curricular work.

At partly dahil nag-iimagine nanaman ako...hawak ang cel may nirereplayan, ang isang kamay asa keyboard, ang mata nakatingin sa relo, ang paa ay banat (astig ng pusisyon ko no). So there...meet Dr. Quentin Quack. He'd be the main guy for this blog. Oo nga pala, hi raw sabi nya...

Paolo: "Dr. Quack, tama ba na di ko muna pansinin ung u know who ko?"

Dr. Quack: "Bakit naman? Ala ka naman tinatago. OA mo Paolo. You young men should know better. Pare-parehas lang kayong tao playing the same game. YOu did not harm her, nor altered the course of her game, not unless she was attracted to you...but it stands. I diagnose you with a minor syndrome exclusive to the y chromosome called "defend-my-ego syndrome" or the DME."

Paolo: "Dr. Quack, should I be completely honest about this matter? You know, I'm attracted to this girl...and..."

Dr. Quack: "Shhhhhh! Your DME is worse than I thought. Alam mo alam ko na idealist ka at sobrang in touch sa feelings mo. Pero, at pero, hayaan mong pag-isipan mo at ng partido ng crush mo kung ano ba talaga. Malay mo, corruption lang sa digestive system mo tapos may crush ka nang iba. Get a hang of yourself. If God wills it, you will know. Trust me, attraction won't be the only thing you'll feel as in pare, lahat ng idealism mo about the ideal woman magkakatotoo."


Paolo: "If ever that time comes, natatakot ako. Ayoko kasi mag-flirt, ayoko maging aggressive, I don't want to cause harm."

Dr. Quack: "The only harm you'll inflict is harm to yourself. BUt then again, it is also true that those who think or believe that there is no "harm in trying" say love are those who take risks...you appear to be a non-member of that club."

Paolo: "But I told you doc, I don't do the new-age stuff...will it cost me?"

Dr. Quack: "I believe that the new school of dating, courtship and relationships will get results faster. Although, seeing you as the perfect example of serenading, roses-bringing, long conversation men AKA as old school lads, I recommend you stick to your principles in life and take it day by day."

Paolo: "Do you think I'd get the one for me?"

Dr. Quack: "I am a bit cynical, so I do not comment on that. That is for you to answer. God be your strength my friend."

Paolo: "How should I pick that one for me?"

Dr. Quack: "Geesh man, wake up! God will open the door...you enter...just make sure you don't slam that door or overturn the knob...it's all up to how you do it. I say get a hang of yourself get rid of DME and live."

Paolo: "I'm a bit stupid ei."

Dr. Quack: "For a beginner....na! You have it in you. Just think of this. Take the quote from the Kingdom of Heaven...the king of Jerusalem said to Bailan:

When you face God....you could NOT [rationalize or excuse yourself] by saying : "oh but I was told to do such or that virtue was not convenient at that time."

So when you decide on this matter, and all those questions in your head, be properly guided by your Ms: MASTER, MISSION, and then MATES.

Trouble with men is that he lives by too many principles. Principles that contradict each other leaving him with none. I think, having God should give you the best start. And those who have none of such principles...well...I diagnose them with LLL: Life Least Lived syndrome"

---part 2 tomorrow...ibang topic naman hehe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home