Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Incoherence is my middle name

I have to admit that when I compose my blog entries, I do so with little thought on form and structure. Haha, I now laugh at the number of unorganized ideas, prolonged stories, and gramatically wrong statements I have hoisted into text for your viewing pleasure...I wish hehe.

But I guess that's just me. Am still as emotional as I try to be objective (to however objective can be described) and rational in my account of events and issues that matter to me and in a way those I care about.

I recall times I had as a news editor, features writer, opinion columnist and poetry contributor for our high school paper. I was particularly fond of making standard short poems with rhyme and measure in twenty minutes just to meet the deadline. It was fun beating the deadline, but also more on drafting and reading the poems once they got published. Amazing how critical writing and creative writing don't usually go hand-in-hand. Nowadays, specially in the behavioralist framework, rigidity and validity in the study is as so in the form and structure of paper-writing. All and well with me. However, substantially suffers and so technical writing is not what 199 should be about. And I am grateful that this university is not like that in training future scholars. I've seen beautiful exceptions such as the case in our 199 thesis proposal wherein Dr. Carlos demanded an anecdote from us to serve as an introduction to the introduction to the paper. I must say that I like the balance of literary profoundness and academic shrewdness in writing in that proposal. After all, a paper is useless and deemed meaningless if it does not have relevance or any declared significance to the author.

Being someone who believes too much in the power of structures and order, I am at fault in being too disciplinarian with fellow members of organizations and other formations. I have this knack for detail, much like how I want any story to be narrated in detail, or what is regarded as the postmodern obsessive compulsive workaholic. Though I contest my being workaholic because to my mind am not that yet; I do not contest my being rigid and legalist. Well, to me, laws and policies are there to preserve order in a world of anarchic rule or that of social dynamism. We have to have order. Our nature as human beings demand that we have order or suffer chaos. Hehe, the kind of chaos I have with the incoherence of my thoughts. Out of this need, this want of an ideal world that is characterized as one with perfect harmony and order, societies craft lwas and ordinances that formalize mainstream practices or views of society. And for this reason, there is a corresponding need to highlight morality and all things proper and decent. Ofcourse there is trouble in defining what is proper and decent as no one, not even the elites, have monopoly over the use. But in consensual terms, we need to preserve society through value systems we have created to benefit us. And mind you, if you believe the means justify the ends, then you should not advocate such egg throwing, mud hurling, and word lashing at distinguished men in uniform. This for the simple reason that there is authority and credibility to a certain extent behind the name and the person. And not unless we intend plan on gradually destroying the walls created by such word as proper and decent, should we find an excuse for being disrespectful and use fire with fire tactics. I was there and I myself was left appalled. I read Sir Magno, I read the APSM statement, I read the Collegian counter-statement to the countered CNS statement by APSM. In short, I saw both sides of the coin and I made my choice using this prism. Believe me, even those in the Collegian are not fully one in this issue, I guess even those on the other side aren't as well. And in the subject of labeling, I think it is fair that one be called communist if this one has been so reckless in calling the other fascist and definitely, the vice-versa applies. I think I have to make these things clear before I go on talk about something else. Yes, incoherence is my middle name. Yes, I feel good about what I am talking about.

So this Atenean childhood friend of mine called up to say hello. Goosebumps again. I'm susceptible to these feelings. I entertain their tickle and I shiver in the process. Maybe I missed her so badly after much fun we had after that dinner at Max couple or so days back. Maybe tis' because she makes me hear things I've longed to hear from other people. How self-serving. You know that one is your friend when you know it. She makes you feel good. She can make you feel bad. That's how it goes and I love the interaction. We talked about nothing that much really. Had to visit the constructed CSSPSC website for administrative review after that. But still, I thank her for being there to aid me when I am this shallow, this disjointed, this incoherent in this area of my life---amazingly, just this one area called love life. hahaha, I know I know. But tis' nice to talk about once in a while.

And since incoherence is my middle name, I think juxtaposing people and ideas to save me from my thoughts sounds nice and appropriate. Ofcourse, a prayer is in order. God be the source of clarity in your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home