Sunday, September 17, 2006

Fisherfolk

Ahhhh yes, breathing in the free air of being free. As hard a point I had to make last week in office, to every form of freedom there follows responsibility.

You have the freedom to not study, but you have the responsibility of feeding yourself.

You have the freedom to love, but you have the responsibility of reciprocating that love.

You have the freedom to spy on someone's public documents like for example this blog (how ironic), but you have the responsibility of interpreting the content intelligibly and without malice.

You have the freedom to steal a pen without permission, but you have the responsibility to be answerable to the law that govern that pen and the place of commission.

Plain and simple, you can't have it all...you have to give a lot and trust me a lot in this world.

Just like what I was doing just about minutes ago, watching the Ateneo-Adamson showdown and looking for a friend. Had a simple way of finding her, she looks darn beautiful that she stands out in the crowd. Haha, freedom to look indeed. Anyhow, there is this guiltless feeling in being single and being young. For now, I think I like the role of being the guy who tells someone: "I told you so." Back to the matter, I did find her in her Ateneo jersey and her captivating smile. So I send her an sms telling her "Told you so. You're just too good for the naive cameraman to ignore." She replied with a smiley which could mean a lof of things: (1) I agree. (2) Thanks. (3) Uhuh, now you're pulling my leg. and (4)Am busy having chowtime with friends to add anything else to that smiley.

It's all good in la-la land. Oh yeah, did my research and found out that Batang-Batang is in fact a barangay or a political unit in Tarlac City. I know quite a few people who hail from Tarlac. And I have contrasting experiences with them. Hehe.

Though I hate playing that part of being smarty pants and love doctor. I have difficulty listening to people nowadays. In communication, you be quick to listen and slow to speak. Sometimes, I am not that calculating listener. You see, when someone opens up intimate details about themselves such as this friend from PolSci whom I have hidden (not so much anymore) conversations with, you get the feeling you are on higher ground. Which most of the time is the case. She wants unsolicited advice on something say 199 matters and I give something she could use. Point being, you are on top with a smile and seemingly all the right answers in the world when she just needed some comfort all along.

I want to be the fisherfolk of men. Someone who isn't as brash as the speechwriter of the Pope or hope not, the Pope himself to make declarations on Muslims and wash hands clean later. Oh by the way, I do not subscribe to the infallibility doctrine. What I do believe is the doctrine of humility of being man which does not make man lesser of a man but more dignified a man. Get the pic?

I want to have mastery of communications---the arts. The ability to convey a message to a crowd with such fiery display but be able to morph into an endearing character who is able to listen before coming up with the whole enchalada of reckless and imprudent words. In short, to be the perfect company.

We go defend our predicates this Wednesday in 199 class with Dr. Carlos. I hope and pray I have gone as far as I should in dealing with my topic. However, another defense is currently playing on my mind. This is the defense of a cause. I am leader of a CWTS2 class in charge of environment projects. I am tasked to present a paper which should contain viable alternative mechanisms for maintaining community cleanliness. Honestly, I prefer giving them a book instead of a collaborative paper. I just pray we get the message across and that's for them to realize that all the shouting in the streets won't make your day if you go home to a depressing sight back home. Inside manifests outside I would like to add.

For now, hehe, my Atenean gal pal of sorts whom I find really a good laugh specially now, and I have to go online and talk about our academic lives. Boy is she a catch. However, I myself have made it crystal clear to her that we have gone too far to go further. Meaning, we are best off as friends as we always have been. Sis, my thoughts go out to you. Easy on the melon shake. I'm dying for one too.

Some of us are better of as friends. Others, as others haha. Granted that these be the constraints the rules of governing social dynamics impinge on us; I say we live accordingly and wait for the appropriate time for virtually everything.

Fishes are swimming in the sea. Fisherfolk decide to be one with them or be their worst nightmare. I have made mine. Have you made yours?

3 Comments:

Blogger hopelessly romantically rightist said...

hmn...
i read what you have written...
sorry...
my mind is aghast...
too empty and arid...
cannot really comment...
just on some parts...
but i'd rather tell it yo you...
personally...

can you please tell me how you would view me if you heard me singing this:

"hindi ko na alam kung makakaya ko pa, di bale na lang kaya, ngunit mahal ko siya, ako pa rin kaya ang nasa isip niya, di bale na lang kaya, ngunit mahal ko siya..."

12:32 AM  
Blogger green and black chancellor said...

treat it as a phase...nothing that serious, at least on your part

2:50 PM  
Blogger hopelessly romantically rightist said...

a phase? at least on my part?
well i just hope so.
it just pains me a little that my phone is malfunctioning. thus i have no means of contacting her... plus the fact that everything changed all of a sudden.
it seems like i am not in control... well actually that is supposed to be the case. anyhow, let's just focus on rosenau for now. whoch by the way has dozens of publications on the library. i think i will have to be awake the whole tuesday night right after our seatlle's best discussion and after i get back home after charl's birthday bash... jeesh..
i would not feel this hard on myself if only she replied and told a few things a-hither-thither... well maybe that is the way this will go, i will never know yet for sure...
as you will always say, let us just hope for the better...
thanks man, you're the bestest elephant qua bear qua rightist qua HR... all the best...

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home