Friday, July 28, 2006

The farther that I fly (part 2)

I was required to watch two documentaries for our PanPil class. I will dwell on the first of the two entitled "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" or something that sounds like and gives off the same meaning. I was pretty moved by the documentary, however mindful I was of the intentions and background of the key actor in that act---Hugo Chavez of Venezuela.

Besides, I was not moved to dream my dream on his side of the political spectrum. No, we have different versions of idealism and an end to shallowness and human dignity stained. For if Chavez found it in equal distribution of wealth, a mix of Bolivarian military rule and a Communist blend of social equality and charisma, I find it in something else.

What be that something else? Hehe, I think I've mentioned this two blogs back. I believe in a benevolent right wing ruler. What does this leadership sport? He uses the power of the army to ensure security. He uses liberal economic policy to ensure wealth and progress, to a certain degree. He uses laws and policies to keep everyone in their place, and that place being in a progressive society in a secure state. He sees religious dogma not as the opium to explain and feel good amidst social realities but as a tool far beyond manipulating in a Machiavellian sense, but rally people around him. In short, the benevolent rightist finds strength in a code he admits is far stronger than himself and his right wing---his means of ensuring excellence in the service and continuance. His wing will have consultative powers, an advisory role and the formal right to pass legislation.

Beeper. Duh, that's impossible. Needless to say, only someone of divine right or abilities can be the benevolent rightist. And so I say, this is the extrema---my utopia, my classless society under the sun of the selfless right---an abolition of every misconception and association of fascist and authoritarian.

As Marcus Aurelius the wise said, he brought a sword and nothing else. A sword is necessary. Without it, power cannot wield itself. Without it, there can be no peace. The sword will ward off the weary opponent, and it will consume him even before conflict.

Much of my blog entries is simply a hodge podge of my shallowness at times, of moments I'd rather blabber about something than talk about lovers I saw across the street.

Ah shit. That L word again? What's with that? Can you eat LOVE? Can LOVE make you rich? Can LOVE make you see things or the absence of which can make you pay notice to others such as hmmm...POLITICAL SYSTEMS???

I posted questions in the preceding blog that to me have been partially answered.

In this blog, more questions need answering.

Point being, if I toil away finding a cure to my insanity, if I slave away my time on the caprice of others or of the questions that haunt me, then I am nothing nor am I productive in any sense.

The farther that I fly, yes, the thought of what could be pulls me on and then lets me soar. But also, the variable intervening that is my thoughts and my drive to revolutionize this world allows me to fly further and farther.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home