Monday, August 14, 2006

Easy Like Sunday Morning

Contrary to what I thought was to be the day, Monday turned out very much like Sundays.

Was it because I chose to lay back and relax as I let the battering of hardcore economics and regional integration do their damage? Was it because I found relief in the sight of Council work getting done and in a great way?

I chose to make it easy like Sunday morning...as the song goes.

I chose to take away just for once my endless thinking of what should happen next and what should I be doing.

Maybe my runny nose the past three weeks, which can only be matched by Mayon's pyroclastic flow forced me to settled down and take the day slow.

Perhaps it was because I have made certain assumptions to put finality to some areas of my life.

For all I care, what mattered to me today was the steady pace I took the hours as they passed. I was wearing a smile now, though teary-eyed as the colds finally got to my head. I was able to crack a joke without strings attached again. And by this I meant that when I said something, I had no second guessing or afterthoughts that rush in when I think I make mistakes or when I think of so much with nothing to do.

Most important of all, I was able to relax and enjoy my freedom again. If just for a day, I'd do it over and over again.

I concluded the day with a committee meeting at 5pm and closed my planner, rather oddly surprised I had nothing else scheduled for the day.

I take a cab home, traffic not meaning anything discomfortable to me, thanks to the driver's remarks about his taxi driving experience once in a while. Hehe, maybe we should conduct a study on the stress levels of drivers who drive LPG-run taxis to those who use ordinary gas. I think there is a marked difference.

Wow, how academic of me. Yes, I opened my eyes to the grey horizon and asked for some annointing once again. I begged for direction and boy was I brought back to the firm ground of home---where I excel, where I can do my best.

I had been put to so much emotional, physical, and mental stress since the campaign began February 2006. I still am under such conditions now. But I think I am able to adapt to given situations far quicker than before. Now, cramming, though part of routine inevitably, has become more of an ally.

Just like clay, I am stretched and remain in the new position as against an elastic rubber band. I have tested the waters and found it to be cool and pleasant.

As for the short-term past, I have nothing else to say. It is a bittersweet memory to my collection of many til I grow old. In fairness to it, I think it's worth smiling back at. For the winners and losers, I give my toast and smile. =)

God tells me to be still and know He is God, that He is in control.
God speaks to me in ways I never imagine how...the wind, the whole day experience.

Bah, tis hard to get sometimes. That's just me for ya.

Spontaneous combustion...my mind is ticking like a well-oiled machine. Is it because I see myself back to normal, rededicating my resources to where I am most needed and not to mention, most productive? Heck, yes!

I'm easy like Sunday morning, listening to Itchyworms music.

Tomorrow, perhaps a better view of the sky and a renewed look for my eyebag-laden eyes. I will make it through this uphill battle.

AND YOU BET I WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH IN WHICHEVER WAY YOU SEE IT. =)

God has allowed me to this way. My choices have made me so. I am the hopeless romantic. I am the cold formal authoritarian. I am the moralist. I am the perfectionist. Yet I am stupid. I am naive. I am still inexperienced. I am still weathering my personal storms.

So bring it on, let the cool breeze of tonight warm my senses. For if many are running on reserve energy, this bro is up to the task with more to spare.

1 Comments:

Blogger hopelessly romantically rightist said...

hmn...
many "sweeping" statements 'bout yerself... hehe it is you after all... hehe catch you soon...

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home