Friday, August 12, 2005

Everything but the girl

And so I round up this week with another edition of me and my wishful thinking...

I have not much to say but say itself, I have nothing much to ask for than a question itself, I have not much to live for than live for everything else....

Reading through the lines you'll find out that I'm just using word play to quench my insatiable thirst for doing something great about nothing...notice people, I'm using pronouns to transmit concepts here!

Here goes everything and anything...and at random if I may

I should have lent Mara my umbrella and let myself take the drizzle and the gail-force winds as we (APSM people) walked or shall I say braved the storm from Econ to Palma....it was the least I could do, if only I didn't think much about the very motives of my actions and attempts.

Bring home the bacon and eggs a...kappalakasan na! GO PS!!

I should have taken Ayen all the way to Psych Building. Ayen praises me for being such a gentleman. Well, I am not much...but perhaps I took her to the gate instead of letting her cross the street alone would be much proof of gentlemanship remaining in me.

I should have gone to Econ class. And let that be the end of it.

I should have studied for 150 recitation. All I did back there some hours ago was stutter and get lost in the vastness of my thoughts while ma'am Rebullida was giving me the impatient smile.

I should have waited for the next jeepney, the one with a wider pathway inside. That be so that I wouldn't have had my jeans stained.

I should have been less talkative about personal stories to Marian last time around. I never anticipated her reaction. To begin with, making her rememember painful memories that has nothing to do with me and her was not in my to-do list for the day. Sorry =(

I say this again. Sometimes, it's better if we guys let the girls do the talking. BUT, isn't it also true that when guys keep shut and give that stare instead girls tend to think two things for a start: "That the dude is interested in my face and nothing else." or two, "He's a great conversation piece...I wish he could have said more. We could have connected you know."

I should have given the fifty peso bill to the jeepney driver. That way I shouldn't have gone through the rigors of getting my bill changed for coins because the next jeepney I took had none.

I should have saved money left from this week's allowance. I am now in a fiscal crisis wherein my average cost of living is being pulled up big time by variable costs, sometimes, externalities.

I should have spoken to Rania in our little heart-to-heart talk in Econ about many things that DO matter. Then again, I'm glad I didn't take much of her time. Thanks Rani, much appreciated!

I should have stayed with Mau and Grace in that foggy evening waiting for an SM jeep. I was rather intolerant. Forgive me girls, I tried to stay. I wanted to make sure both of you were sitting down there...happy. So selfish of me to just pack up and go home. ALSO, I should have offered Ferdie a walk home..please pray for his sprained foot.

I should have played basketball instead of mumbling senseless things on my sound recorder. Believe it or nor, I have confessions right here in my PC....haha!

I should have told my mom that I have already done stupid things for love in UP, and I think I'll be doing just that in no time. She knows a bit, she approves...but she's also hasty. I am.

Haven't been that open to mom lately, and I hate it.

I should have congratulated Farrah for her great report. Anyone care to disagree?! Haven't been disappointed in any one report in 110...well, my report, I still have afterthoughts. I could have gone deeper and more scholastic you know. Again, congrats..Celine...good luck...

But then, better shut up and give people the smile instead. Just a foray, I think I'll never ever have a deep enough conversation with other people, particularly girls for this reason:

I DON'T DESERVE MUCH ATTENTION.

I start a conversation with hello. I go on ask her name, age, course and those details that have become a part of the SOP. Thing is, after SOP I go to SOS. I don't know what to say...not that I don't have interest, or have anything interesting to say...am just tongue tied. TORPE! TORPE the TORPEDO dapat tawag sa akin...I fear the very look of disinterest in a girl...and for the times I had much desire for a lady...same dilemma and poof ...deado.

buhuhu.

I should have not spilled Pepsi Blue all over the council office jumping like a wet dog. I jumped all around while the pressure escaped from the Blue. I didn't know what to do. I should have covered it but I am a MAN, and we're kinda slow and panicky on these occasions. SHUKS!!!

I should have taken more time to attend BUKLOD, JPGS, VOLCORPS, PAHINUNGOD, SUB, lahat-lahat na patong-pating meeting, promote this, do that, prod work, research work, AAAAAAHHHH God, let alone church work I can't ever set as second priority. Acads. Acads. I am first a student. But isn't it also true that I am first a citizen, a Christian, a family member and a friend before I am a student? Guys, babawi talaga ako..pag Papa Bear na ako!

By the way, for those who asked...yes I am a member of Buklod CSSP (MALAPIT NA ANNIV WEEK WHOOHOOOH!), and no I don't think that makes me a lesser Pol Sci student...whoever punk came up with that idea? Just is despicable to hear that remark from a Pol Sci major...appalling! So we are the critical ones ei? Sorry, good ol Papa Bear ain't home, stress has brought out the more rational practical Grizzly bear...grrrr! heheh!

And yes, thanks for showing interest in the Junior Philippine Geographical Society. Yes, founding membership lahat ng papasok, yes this is a professional national org, yes this is National Geographic stuff and then some..geog is more than maps and capitals---it's in urban planning, movies, arts, geology...name it!

Heck even blogging---the concept of personal space is geographic!

Be one of us nyark 5:30 ng Tues of August sa PH204....see posters and print ads

I should have written about another topic. OR I should not have blogged in the first place.

With 110 and econ up there, papers in 171 (right Celine?) and 150 (go tropang n8) knocking on my door...what's there to blog???

I REPLY, THERE's EVERYTHING ALL AROUND US AND WE JUST COULD NOT SEE IT.

We're given this once chance to pass by and be mortals and all we could think of is playing safe, securing our future, and making ourselves look great. And who'll be the judge of that? Hope it's your barangay not your barber alone.

We become so cruel to people we're annoyed to. We become so protective of ones we do not want to let go of.

Mau, Farrah and Celine..Jason...Xtian....James... Marian...Ate Arianne Reyes at Pau Caspellani hehe...Dom...Louie......Rani...even you Grai, my official circle of advisers (may permission pa yan) andami no???!!, marami pa from n8 mga consultants like sila ANn superb dancing diva, Jhe, Gayle etc I do hope you're reading this... if ever I am to seek for the woman of my dreams be certain of these seven things:

1. You know her. Or you will be the first to know her.
2. Before I make any stupid move, I have first sought the kingdom of God and his righteousness.
3. There is not much impulse in this, but a combination of emotion and rational thinking.
4. I by that time full understand my motives.
5. I am ready, including finances and all.
6. That I know what it is to like and what it is to love...you like someone you love but it does not work the other way around.
7. That before I do, I will be confident...in myself, that you guys out there have your companions na rin or at least I helped inspire you to not confine your feelings....not quel it...not be hypocritical..but face the music and live your life...

GOD FILL US UP...with what? hmmm, sunshine???Hhehehehe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home