Friday, July 22, 2005

A blue day

Before anything else, thanks Rania for helping me out to get the links section of this blog up and about. At least you won't be seeing much green and black.

Also, thank you Celine for confiding with me, entrusting me your inner thoughts on matters of importance may they be in gray areas or coloful pages of your life and mine.

Last Tuesday afternoon, I enjoyed a rather blue day. Nohoho, this is not because of my depression, angst, and bitterness on things I could not just have. God answered me by saying: Son, you better learn to master the art of patience and waiting on me." Grai helped me realize other things about this realization last night. But indeed, talking about people and their issues will do me not much good. Instead, sharing ideas and visions of someday seems more productive as long as they are accompanied by concrete action. This has been my battlecry when it comes to the GMA issue, good luck with your SONA Madam President. It is not about the people, it is about the forces behind their minds and actions. It is not the structure, but the values and fundamentals that led to the creation of such. But ofcourse, being too idealist taints my view as well...to the point I refuse to believe that...

Idelism has left me vulnerable to attacks I consider to be positive and helpful. My refusal to be blunt about things has broken me...battered my ego, shamed me. Then again, when all is said and done, I'm glad I stuck up with my ideologies.

I hope the world was a bit kinder to me. Well, that's why we're here...to become the world we so bravely fought against in our youth or attempted to change once we had the chance. There's always another chance, and always another fight.

Ah yes, why was my day blue? It was blue all around not only because my pen "inked loose" or "nagtae ang bolpen kong blue na tinatago-tago ko sa bag". That is one of the reasons why, although there seems to be no connection, I use black ink pens and markers.

Did I mention I love the smell of Pentel pen exposed? Something nausiating, something that captures and paralyzes my senses...of course it does exactly that but I like it nonetheless.

As I was saying, Atenean friends of mine I'd keep with the code names Francis, Carlo, Donald, and Chris who I last meant ages ago invited me to play ball. They live in Marikina, so distance mattered less. From a great 150 class I rushed home to get to play-ball mode. I must admit I have not had played basketball full-court since 2002 when I twisted a knee bone and voila...went on self-rehab.

I met those dudes in summer camp...Chemistry Camp in Ateneo, sports camps, and eventually, around the city. They by the way were not really a bunch in the beginning. Out exploits with learning Chemistry and basketball simply hinged the friendship.

I flattered them about girls in UP stories, them might having the preference for Atenean boys over La Sallites...oops Ian, Keo and Aljo (cousins from DLSU) lam ko wag ma-offend, kung sa bagay wag nyo na lang basahin to hehe...by the way, long time no see...yan kasi mga taga-Paranyakweh! No they're fine with this. We don't talk about their school's rivalry with ADMU.

Ah yes, and there were UAAP stories.

And yes, their desire to experience UP fishball and isaw just rolling down their intestines.

We culminated the reunion of sorts with a long, explosive (laughing and stuff) conversation in a Net Cafe..in that new mall...in my neighborhood. I came to realize, God I need some fresh faces. No, not that I am tired of UP faces...but I guess their stories from a place I alienate because of my bias for UP were more than what I expected. I really have a bias against rich-kid peepz, due to experience that's why I stay-off Libis and Rockwell and stuff...=)

They to me, were great exceptions. They were so full of life, of plans, of wishful thinking instead of gimmicks, bragging about good lucks and girls (ala kasi sila nun hehe), and cars (yan, meron si Francis nyan).

One important matter we discussed was the problem I Carlo have: Peeakaboo! You want a girl. She kinda likes you and is willing to take the chance. BUT. You decide that it'd be best if you develop as friends. And so goes the roller coaster. You enjoy the friendship that when time came, you face reality: that it cant't go any further...ALL YOU COULD BE IS FRIENDS. It's not your loss...try to comfort yourself with that, but it is a LOSS still. You want more, but all you could settle for is frienship, basically because you thought that was the prerequisite before romance and intimacy and she likes to keep it at that.

To restate the dilemma in a question: Ever wondered why few best friends ever become husband and wife?

I think this will doom me if I go on. But of course, some are really meant for each other. Others, better go fish.

No but really, we had some time talking about this. The answeres did not really come that easily. I don't know, but do you think UP ladies set love life aside more than Ateneans? Donald replied that women in Ateneo can be equally difficult. Well dude, that's what happens if your building is named Schmidt Hall and your classes are all about Chemistry.

Those said and then some, we as a group sighed, drank iced tea (oh yes my fave) and moved on to another topic.

I have to cut this blog short, magsasara na ang SSP Com Lab (lunch break). Much was said and done that eventful night. Much accomplished. Yun yung parang Fundador moments sa TV, mga toasts nyo dahil malayo-layo na rin narating nyo at alam nyong next time...milya na!

And yes, sobrang patawa ako at indi corny dun for some reason, napalabas wacky side ko again!

I won't be seeing those guys in a long while. Such a sad thing. Cyempre silang Atenista magkakasawaan dun. But for every moment we played basket (at tinambakan kami namin yun mga locals cyempre ako yung malaking poste sa ilalim), tossed the coin, talked about love and life, etc...everything seemed better, more meaningful...just like my conversations with my great friends on the links list.

And they helped me get my basketball groove back..oh yeah!

To all you God's children, isang tagay sa tagumpay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home