Sunday, July 24, 2005

This entry comes for free

And now I shall use the courier small font to make things a bit friendly to the eyes.

So passes another week.

Interviewer: So how are you feeling right now?
Heart Evangelista: I'm OK. I'm TREMENDOUS!

Uhm.

Uhm...okay...so let's all be tremendous shall we? I'd be Mr. Tremendously Sexy anytime.

The sun rises tomorrow to declare the birth of another day, for you and me. It is a privilege that comes for free with no strings attached. If there is such thing as absolute freedom, I say that it comes with birth---vassals no more, slaves no more. Imagine a world without such structures and classes identified by Marx. Imagine a world where you and I breath fresh air, see lush green fields, not worry whether or not our resumet is to look good or bad when time comes and the employer is reading right through it without any facial reactions that would prove useful in finding out right then and there whether you have the job or you go bug some other company off.

To be able to think of this, is another privilege that comes for free.

Was browsing through two Reader's Digest issues a while back. Came across a section that really made me laugh. You're entitled to your own. The section was all about 18 English words that should be in the dictionary (though for now, they are not) because they explain terms and concepts that are not named or defined. In other words, some loopholes in the English language were given appropriate names.

Example?

Eyesberg- the look a teenage boy gives his mom when he gets caught or when he is in a heated debate.

Ankissipation- happens in a couple, when at a given intimate moment, neither of them wants to make a move...and kiss the other. There of course, is the anticipation.

...just read the article.

Last Friday, I had a rather long ride home. The FX was packed. And I, being the larger party, had to squeeze out my ass just to show fellow riders that I know who's the one making things difficult for them and yes, I do want to lose fifty pounds or so. I haven't been ridiculed much for my size lately, it's me who does the fooling around with myself. That said, just keep your fingers crossed that by first sem 2006...I'd be a remodified person...resting on the assumption that one can never be entirely changed.

And yes, wishing you could cut off 50 pounds and then so accordingly lord it over the woman of your dreams, if any, would be far easier: comes for free.

I think, I am slowly losing all decency in me. Hormones taking over reason and prinicple? Practicality to answer the call of nature? I pray not. Three examples. One, I get excited when I see R-18 movies lighting up cinema line-ups more than at any point in my life. Art films, yes that's what they call some of them. Do I go inside and watch? Thank God no. Hell no! Two, I lose manners and proper social conduct (which we really had to learn in front of teachers, as a sub-course for a year in high school). How? I think twice before giving a seat to a young woman or an old lady in a PUV. In the end, I do give the seat, much to the relief of men around. I think my size helps me be generous, as I pass the blame to "me" (for making the vehicle get so crowded). Then the lady thanks me and gives me that look of suspicion. Then she calls her boyfriend, mindful of where my eyes are rolling to. I MEAN, WHAT THE...? It's one thing to thank me, another to make me suffer for the absence of a partner in life by making me look like a chance-taker. This is not generalization, just sharing of thoughts. When in stairways, I'm beginning to enjoy bulldozing everyone beside me with use of my big bag. At times, I miscalculate due to the balooning size of my bag, but now, I tend to do it on purpose. And three, like delivery truck punks, I tend to take long looks at attractive women...particularly the eyes. I would be a hypocrite to say that I do this without malice. It would be more of lying to say I did not enjoy the staring exercises.

And I know, looking at women makes me look more of a whore than a slut. DAMN.

God spare me the rod. But if I am enjoying all three acts and am actually learning how they could be useful in my system...I might as well be branded as typical!!!

For some reason, I dislike the term STREET SMART. To me, it becomes pejorative at times. In as much as I have problems with the word PRACTICAL. Main reason? I am not such.

I don't play the game of the streets. I don't gamble, drink, drive, smoke, strut off my riches or brag about my abilities and intellect. These, I can be proud of. The only STREET SMARTISH quality I have is the courage to ask questions with humility and yet with much enthusiasm.

Oh the flare is there.

That's how I got around U.P. as a freshie, asking around...and then in turn learning the tricks of the trade, sometimes disappointed like the way I view certain student formations, sometimes elated like in knowing that I'm not the only one saving money by not taking lunch...and yes, I don't eat lunch in U.P. on a regular basis... thanks to heavy breakfast. =) But don't worry, my parents are great providers...and then some. That's how I ressurect my bank accounts after a month of ludicrous spending.=( or ;)

Thanking loved ones? Comes for free. (and please, sms won't cost you much)
Correcting my corrupted system with a prayer and then some? Free.

Ohkay, ratings are going down.

Someone's spying and stalking me. Someone must have liked the toddler pic I now use as Friendster primary pic. I don't know how many of them lurk around. But I like the feeling.

I keep on telling Mau and Celine...ala na atang magkaka-gusto sa akin. Of course they tell me things that lead to the otherwise argument. Then I realize, I still have much to offer. Yet I guess it won't be how much you offer but how much love you can give that will be your yardstick. Sir Jamon....thank you. Ma'am Grace has some great husband in you.

It's not how much you have to offer, but how much you have given and are willing to give regardless the economic value.

Jason, Kristian, Neil, Dom...you have the capital you can at any time invest in the woman of your dreams. As for me, I have my aces...definitely not my looks and size...but 2006...may just eliminate both our of the equation...restoring good old pre-calorie-infested me...naks...some covenant. God, please, grant me the chance to better myself.

Getting much needed ammunition to fire up your love life? Free.

One word that I frequently encountered this month: MAVERICK.. From the movie starring Mel Gibson, to the very dictionary word, to pol sci classses....referring to unsure players and violators of the rules.

Reading 110 articles? Haven't reviewed a single sentence. Hope for the best August 10. Doing Geog paper? Not even looked up a single source!

I am to give a short discussion to orient new Buklod CSSP recruits to the Circle of Individuals regarding the Education and Research Committee. Haven't thought of what to say. Some sources tell me that prosects for next year's elections are going to be there. Yum, yum! Some of them, from Pol Sci. Ahem. Some are idealists, some volunteers, some kind souls one with the cause. But to my mind, I am to orient people so close to me about a political party's business.

To those I am to meet this August for the 1st Orientation...take comfort in the knowledge that progress and reform is taking place within the party, and that no, I will not make you experience for admiration and emulation's sake the doom of the times in U.P. politics but challenge you to respond to whatever be given to you because you have to...nobility and strength in your principles.

When I get the speech right, I'd be my spirited speaker of the old times again.

And by the way, do join the Junior Philippine Geographic Society. Open to all students with the passion for Geography and all things "spatial"---which is practically everything. Geog...coz it's more than maps and capitals!!! No rigorous app proces (this is a national prof'l thing), P250 annual membership...for inquiries contact the Secretariat...well, that would be yours truly =)

Also, do join the PPSA(?)...fellow Pol Sci peepz, see you in Bohol this sem break. Guys, please participate...contact SIr Tigno, Sir Naval or Mam Rebullida about this.

Promise, the gloves will be off come that time. Heheehe.

Now, I am slowly figuring out what I want to be beyond campus life.

Plotting out your chartered course? Free.
Not being shallow? Free.

Waking up tomorrow to bacon and eggs, hot coco, great morning breeze, CNN up with you and church just a tricycle away (nauuna ako so I commute)? Free.

Having this chance to share my inner thoughts and feelings? Free.

The price of the sum of all free things in the world? PRICELESS.

And LOVE. You are an abstract idea that never doubts. Many doubt you, yet you never return the favor.

Oh LOVE, fill the solstice with moonlight. Break the clouds that deprive us of sight to the skies. Oh Love, make couples kiss and others be at peace. Oh love, restore in me the faith in my men and in my God. OH love let me dream on, of a family, of children's laughter...my kids I shall nurture and raise into lovers and people of righteous hearts, of a future I long for.

Oh love, make the night be as the moon dictates. So that we may all see our beloved's face and caress their skin in song and in poetry til the breaking of the dawn.

God be our witness.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home