Saturday, April 07, 2007

Disappearing act

So what have I been up to the past weeks?

Aside from finishing papers and checking CRS for grades every now and then...

and by the way, if my computation serves me right, my GWA is a happy dappy 1.76. What a pain to the head! What a dagger! Now I know how it feels. But I've been numbed since January after having estimates of all my grades. Matter of fact, the only thing I look forward to on the 10th is to know that I'm marching up the stage, getting a blank diploma, a handshake, some applause and a feast back at home. Yes, it appears I will be able to bring only my parents to the ceremonies. Hah get the hang of 1.76! Imagine, just some small decimal number! Take away all the math subjects and I'd be up there in the 1.5 range! That's how devastating math became. Oh well. Am grateful twas always PolSci that pulled my average up. Here's a breakdown:

11-1.5
14-1.5
110-1
199-1.25
150-1
160-1.25
170-1.75
180-1.75
144-1.5
193-2.25
171-1.5
167- 1.25
186- 1
187- 1.5
178- 1.5

Is there a consolation prize for majors honors? NONE. SADLY. You won't get a teaching job with this feat.

1. Eating and thinking of things I should not think of are staples in between things I do. I think I gained 5 to 10 lbs and am willing to bet the next 5lbs on it!
2. Attend send-off parties to eat, mix with people I will miss and miss all the more, refuse endless offers of San Miguel Light and say that even a bottle of Cali can make me sick, and shake my groove thing.
3. Read current affairs books as if they will impact my knowledge bank once I get a job that has almost nothing to do with Political Science. Every so often however, I read a chapter or two of complete fictions or historical fictions in between to ease my mind.
4. Plan on doing things for this summer while waiting for the right job in that stack of options. These activities may include: learning how to drive, writing a novel, getting a pampering in some sauna bath, shopping for goodies like CDs books and clothes I can actually enjoy, and of course, GETTING A JOB AND A LIFE.
5. Breaking off from some elements of my past life. This may include compiling Council files, getting my things from the office (and I have at least four org offices), giving parting shots in meetings for incoming execoms, and showing up more in an array of orgs I had to compromise for Council and academic work primarily.
6. Did I say finding a job? My CV is floating. Come dare and grab me for your team! I've been machine-gunning my applications to nearly every job I'm competent enough to handle. That may range from UN work to something as irrelevant as wait...it can be relevant...organization development for a certain oil company. Not surprisingly, NGOs and institutions have not popped out to present opportunities. Such a loss to them! Nah! ehehehe.
7. Visiting places. Though I haven't seen new sights outside our traditional Zambales Holy Week getaways and my getaway in the metro called Gateway. Zambales was great, though colorful. (Don't make me explain)
8. PRAY. For what? Productive prospectives don't you worry.
9. Getting well-earned sleep from 2am to 8am. Yes, I wake up 5am less often now. Sad I used to do that on a regular basis even in college.
10. Play PC games at will! My Wednesdays are finally FREE! So I spend them killing Mongolian hordes, conquering Northern Europe and beating the hell out of the Sudanese to the south. I LOVE MEDIEVAL TOTAL WAR 2! I also am pushing my Lakers to the impossible---a season sweep! Then I watch a DVD. Ahhh...the bum life...only on Wednesdays!

AND THINKING OF PEOPLE AND MATTERS WHEN THEY POP. Am trying a mop-style hairdo a la Beatles. Really weird. I don't plan on having a haircut til a week before graduation. I do however plan on getting measured for slacks and barong.

God be your itinerary secretary!

A BLESSED EASTER TO YOU ALL!

2 Comments:

Blogger hopelessly romantically rightist said...

kakainggit ka naman... pc games galore... add to that your trusty ps2...
ha! am stuck with my ps 1. talk about low technology, actually tis better to coin it obsolete...

well, i don't want to throw it away either, wala na akong pagkakaabalahan... wala naman akog shopping spree money for books...

haaay, mag-apply na kaya ako sa la salle??? teaching postion na 20k salary??? ;D

10:45 AM  
Blogger mara said...

taas ng grades sa majors ah! hehe... ;D oist, i-date mo naman ako minsan. di ako sanay na di kita nakikita. hehe... miss na kita. ;D

at least pala ikaw you're taking the time to enjoy and wait for the right job. me, i'm pretty much under a lot of pressure to start working. haha...

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home