Friday, March 25, 2005

Martwourthur

PS: Napalitan ko na nga pala ung pic ko sa Friendster...God I look like a hotshot! AHAHAHAHa...joke mukha akong pinaliguan ng gatas dun...check it out pati ung profile ko!
Celine...u still owe me a testimonial...pero please don't force yourself...anlabo ko hehe...thanks!

On to more pressing matters...

March 24, Thursday...five thirty pm...this shall be the last blog entry heading into Sunday...that I can promise you. I've decided to abstain temporarily from the use of the PC and making much noise while Metro Manila is in the silence of the season. Besides, most of those who are supposed to read my blogs such as Maureen have imposed the sanction of sorts as well. In the spirit of sacrifice for a God who has been sacrificing much more, I shall abide. Well for the record, I am to spend the rest of the day in reflection. I shall troop to my room blast the aircon to the max, shut all other appliances and reflect. I intend to "unearth" my daily devotion booklets that, God forgive me, have ignored due to lack of time...what a predictable excuse hehe. Good Friday would be the culmination of this. My churchmates and fellow Gen Linkers head up Prayer Mt. in Antipolo, and I'm here to pray alone...and in the comfort of my room. Giving up the remote and PC is not even a worthy act compared to their pilgrimage =). The good thing Holy Week teaches us is that Christ already laid His life for us. Why must we nail ourselves like Senakulo practicers? To me, it's more of tradition. If they indeed get some measure of divine blessing from that, then we respect their belief and say "Good for you." My Good Friday will be darn good...good for the soul, that is. So in a matter of minutes, I am to release over 180 readings before the long night ahead. I pray I do connect and find His presence tonight. I feel I've distanced myself so much that I also lose the connection I once had with people. I personally do not believe in the serendipity people try to lecture in this week. I do not intend to preach, but just a thought...would God want you to punish yourself? The real issue is, why go on this penitention only in a span of 3 days while 362 are devoted to alcohol drinking and merry-making?...much sarcasm put there. And so now you say that nailing yourself to the cross does you some good? Argh, I am also guilty of this hypocrisy. I guess that there's a hypocrite in all of us. By the way, it also exists during Christmas and every other week when payday's dated. Bottomline, Christianity is a way of living, not a word you put on your resumet. It's in everyday struggles and not in one-shot things. It frustrates me. It makes my head spin.

Thing is...we can't get it out of our system. Problem is...it feels good. Sin feels good...until it gets to you...ask those in prison or perhaps those twenty year olds with two sons and one dime in their pockets.

Political Science teaches us to be masters of the known...of the predictable human behavior...of the calcuable figures on society...of power quantifiable...of dynamics and essays, of papers and their meanings...of this person said this about this state of living or condition of man...of this theory being more applicable than the other...basically of man and his potential...in essence.

Man has potential...but man not good, cheetah better...Tarzan love Jane but Jane clean dishes first (digression)

Man has potential, it is beyond imagination or thought.

Politics in practice does tweak this though, by exposing our weakness---our vulnerabilities.

We love power...we love fame...we'd get there at all costs...we can't deny that.

Thing is, some "Christians" make that their way of living. And we expect people to think that politicians are noble servants of the national interests? Goodness, a lot of people from the outside think that we Pol Sci people are atheists, are godless, are spineless. I wouldn't blame them. I swallow my pride with my spaghetti with that. The products of our department are engaged in this business. (btw thanks Rania sa insights mo...tagal na nun). Sadly, a lot of them think they know everything...astang americana pa dyan. They walk shoulders up and head up high. HELLO? You studied a dying art. Where's the essence of politics? What's so social science about politics? Too many, it's now a profession...a profession of evil to the vendor of fishball outside or to the squatter in Payatas. No, I don't claim I feel them entirely...but thing is, have all those proud people before us felt for them? Pol Sci is a dying art. It has lost its greatness, lost its glory, lost its meaning to porma, to sedans, to limelight, to bank accounts in Switzerland or gold reserves in Fort Knox, Kentucky, USA. You who claim to be older than us have given all idealism for these? You great defenders of the faith in what is good have taken the ways of the world for these?

Man is supposed to be the ideal being, sadly he takes pride in what he is not meant to be.

Political Science is a course about a dying faith...faith that man could lead his brethren in service...in sacrifice...in abstinence from his whims for a common goal.

Too ideal...get real Paolo!

Tell me that and I'll give you a killer smile! Too many people take things for their realistic value tsong...you be one with them and see where it takes you.

In this point I concur with Sir Naval in unison. I'm beginning to think it over and realize what he was apologizing for at the beginning of the sem.

To most of my readers, people from Pol Sci 07...before we preoccupy ourselves with this pre-enlistment madness...let's think muna. NO, not think na 7 am ang Soc Sci 103 or na ang gwapo naman ni Paolo para cyang si Harry Potter na pinalaki 100 times ahahahay!...ANG CONCEITED KOOOO!

pero talaga naman diba? buhuhu!

It's not na galit ako sa mundo...pinapasaya ko na nga blogs ko ehehehe

The challenge is on us...that's my finishing argument. If we enlist for the sake of finishing this project to undergo another sem of readings and debates to finally finish and work for DFA...Direct Foreign Access na isang call center agency AAHAHHAH ang downgrading ko! then we're one with those who have lost their way.

Indi tayo nag-aral ng Pol Sci para magnegosyo...manipula...o mameke...sadly marami na ganyan sa Peyups, who knows, baka ako guilty rin nyan?

Ahem...ang tamaan ay magbato na lang ng tinapay na may keso.

A simple reminder from your friendly neighborhood Paoloman: Feel your course, breathe your course, live the ideals of politics...ang simple nga e...SERVICE...for the people! Leadership and submission to the powers that should govern this world...then ala na sanang wars, or refugees...tsk, tsk

Let's rediscover the real politics...parang Mam Tadem haha...seriously, if we don't then the next generation would keep on writing these messages to wake us up...God forbid it ain't too late.

For the model of politics is not the president but God...sir, correction, unang course and Pol Sci pero even before Lucifer yan

That God thought of sharing some measure of power to beings He shall love as part of His body is politics

That He sacrificed this power because He was alone and that He does not want to go enjoy the spoils of the cosmos Himself.

That He gave His son to die for us who have been so swallowed by our pride.

Have a solemn week everyone. God bless us all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home