Wednesday, March 23, 2005

On Kings, Lords and Jesters

Firs of all a foreword, sorry for the numerous grammatical errors on the last blog. I really was lost, my eyes were almost shut and my mind was on a little trance instigated by too much studying the past days. Anyways, 180 and Span finals to go this Monday and I bid farewell....to the second sem. Also, thanks for the comments. Grai, you really take publicity to the next level. Anyhow, only a select few know that I blog. So Grai, be selective as well...Pol Sci 07 muna a. I remember the issue raised about me and you know who, it spread so fast I no longer could deny when you guys flash those naughty smiles. Anyways, I take pleasure out of it =)

That was last night...this is now...5pm, Wednesday afternoon after one great Psychology 3rd Long Exam...my impression on that exam? hmmm, manageable and so well...I'm more than satisfied with my performance...the result I lay in God's hands.

I am the Lord of the Domain now...only our helper and me are here at home...my family, with all my relatives from my mom's side are now in Zambales, a traditional gathering there. My uncle was the latest victim of a poor airport service, I hope he could find much peace in the beaches out there with my folks. Sis, sorry there is no Internet access there, not unless the Gonzales dudes (my older cousins) bring their gizmos and gadgets. As for me, 180 readings, the 160 things, and a really confusing Spanish textbook to salvage from my cruel intentions---yes I mean to burn them as soon as I finish the courses...joke!

The Lord of the Domain is all alone, he commands his PC, the television and the refrigerator. He has his room for myself, no one to knock and no one to tell him that someone's on the phone and that the popcorn may be "overmicrowaved"...haha, he's such a bad cook. R and B from this compilation of Billboard hits play along in the background, he's thinking of whether or not to replace his Friendster pic, the website as of time of writing is under maintenance (wasn't worth saying). By the way, I'm the he here...am just saying how lonely and bored I am...isn't it obvious? am using the third person to refer to myself, just being playful with words from a language I know I could never master!

It could be seen here how vivid and detailed my descriptions of my situation are. I'm just so alone, so alone, so alone...like a dog who had lost his bone, like the centerpiece of the wedding ring made of diamond stone...like an Italian capone, like an underground gnome, like Spongebob when Patrick is no longer there...he's just foam...haha see? I got it bad!

With due credit to Mau, and Grai before her, I kept or running and re-running Hari ng Sablay by watchamacolit?...ewan I don't know the band's name...Sugarfree ata and True by Ryan Cabrera who should really do away with gel and wet looks for hair...honestly, water is STILL the best hair lubricant and preservative...what the heck am I saying?

I really am reflected in thos two songs...those two artists must have consulted with my guardian angel cupid. Come to think of it, it comes to show that more shallow and general dimensions of my personality are not unique to me...maraming hari ng sablay sa mundo (e di nag-Filipino rin ako...pampa-cute parang pag nandyan na si Pampa ang mascot ng Pampers na ginamit ko nung bata ako...si Pampa ay elepanteng azul...malamang indi taga-Pampanga...syndicated American e...ANG CORNY KOOOO!)

I would cite certain lines from both songs to illustrate or at least twist your imagination:

from Hari ng Sablay:
Isang tama, sampung mali
Ganyan ako pumili
Di na ma_______
...ng puso kong sawi...
wooowooohhh, ayoko na magsori
woowooohhh, ayoko na magsisi
Pasensya ka na kung mabilis ako mataranta

Ako ang hari ng sablay
Ako ang hari ng sablay
Hinding-indi makasabay
Sa agos(?) ng aking buhay

Ako ang hari...ako hari

from true:
You don't know what you do
Everytime I walk into the room
I'm afraid to move
I'm weak, it's true
I'm just scared to know the answer
Are you feelin it too
Do you even know you met me

I've waited all my life to cross this line
To the only thing that's true
So I will not hide
It's time to try
Anything just to be with you
All my life I've waited

from me:
Bahay Kubo kahit munti
Ang halaman doon ay sari-sari
singkamas bangus, tinapa, sinigang baka, batani
sitaw, bataw, batani (ay naulit)
AW, may singsing pa man dyan uy, may bagong cellphone ka pa day uy, may maruyang nakalalalson uy!, uy! uy!

HAHAHAHA! Please allow me some room to be myself hahahahahahaha!

Ahem...

Going back...

I am the king of pain, the king of failure, the king of doom...wait am i a king in the first place?

My message to those who could relate with the songs, except the third one: Do not fret out, you are not criminal nor culprits to the crime of the century. The world is unfair to those who are fair to themselves and others. The good die young indeed. Well, if there's any consolation, at least you're honest to yourself and is able to understand the gist of your emotions. A lot of men there think that machismo is primo, I say machismo is a thing of the past. Heck, Romans pretended to be macho...look at Caligula and Nero and see who's man enough between the two. So much for praetorian domination. My point is, you are never a lesser man if you are open enough or expressive, or in the contrary, because you don't want to hurt your girl's feelings...you hide and regret. That's okay. As long as you know Who's with you in making those decisions...you're in good hands.

To the women affected by both songs, same thing...honesty is the best policy. You don't want to hurt anymore, or perhaps you have reservations. In matter of love, calculated risks sound irrelevant...but then again, look at pre-marital marriages are matches made in heaven---no they are not.

The lonely love doctor in me would like to tell a tale of a friend from the College of bleep bleep, we're not that close...but I'd keep her anonymous nonetheless...

Indi ko cya binebenta, she herself is eager to see this and laugh at herself afterwards.

This story has been modified so some details are not actually the actuality...gets? =)

She's not open to the idea of dating or courtship. That is what she keeps on telling me (her friends)...and all those guys who have apparently courted her. She has strict parents, she's young..barely legal, she's out of time... she has no time, she's preoccupied with college life (comment: ahem...kung libro lang ang college "LIFE" nyo...please reconsider and breathe in fresh air kc balita ko maraming agiw sa main lib...basta kung yan ang palagay ng isang tao sa college life, then isa cyang robot at ayon sa 101 indi cya fully-functional being...pero cyempre your a student before anything in UP...estudyante ka bago ka myembro ng frat, bago maging isang pulitiko, bago maging isang apatetiko..basta hehehehe!)
Going back...

There is a line of men at her doorsteps, figuratively...and she doesn't want to hurt them anymore (comment: ineng being straightforward isn't a crime). She just is too busy with things here and there and claims that priorities known to her are first and foremost. She knows her God and is in a good proactive relationship...I should know from her Catholic schooling and overall personality. She's a real nice lady, until you ask her out: she has certain ways to down invitations that some men really don't find respectful (comment: tell me about it hahaha). But it gets to the point where she is the victim---hurt by her own guidelines for living.

Dear friend, I don't blame you...your path is hidden from you. It is good that you have a firm grip of yourself. Surely, you'd go places. But if you say that it becomes an ordeal for you and that you know deep inside that you could let someone enter your heart...then why punish yourself? NO, I'm not telling you to be impulsive and let go of principles you hold so dear. I'm just telling you to think and this time, feel. It's one thing to turn down men because you hate their looks or they don't interest you (comment: kawawa naman), and it's another to turn them down because you're obliged to. Then you are a robot, a CGI, a sponge.

Which comes to my second point...just be truthful about it. Love your God, family, friends, and honor your commitments first before engaging in this business of the irrational. You are bound to them before any suitor or stranger. But this does not mean you disrespect them and leave them to hang...believe me I've been there once. You should know when you're ready. You must have prayed about it or asked close people about it.

Time will come...you're not meant for the seminary...or the churchyard I could tell...

Just be happy in the thought that men are there prepared to know you more and be there for more...(comment: I wish girls think the same of me HAHAHAHAHA...deprived ako!)

Not all men have evil intentions...not all are after your money or body or intellect

This is what a lonely afternoon does to you. This is what a day of exams and then abrupt silence does to you. I wish I could say more, but my time is up...something smells toasted downstairs.

To my Pol Sci people...have a blessed Holy WeEK!

Hugs and kisses from huggable Popo---btw yan ang nickname ko sa bahay...hahaha!

1 Comments:

Blogger grai said...

wow pao..haba nun! di ka naman ganado mg-post..hehe..eto talaga, nakalimutan mo sugarfree!! fave ko un ah..hehe..oki lang..pero lahat naman tau nakakarelate dun sa kanta..ako nga rin eh, lagi sablay..pero lam mo..the more you think about something that's been botherin you, the more it becomes a problem..enjoy life..smile lang..hehe..we're always here for you..transparency is the key ingredient in the recipe of our friendship sa polsci..nwei..ako rin magdradrama muna..kay pumunta ka rn sa blog ko at sign ka! hehe. :D

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home